In today’s digital age, having an online presence is non-negotiable, and one of the cornerstones of a strong online presence is a company blog. If you’re still on the fence about dedicating resources to blogging, here are ten reasons why it should be a non-negotiable part of your business strategy.
1. Driving Traffic to Your Website Regular blogging gives your company more opportunities to be found in search engines. Each blog post is a new page for Google to index and a new opportunity for potential customers to find you when they’re searching for information related to your industry.
2. Establishing Industry Authority By sharing valuable insights and information on your blog, you can establish your company as a thought leader in your industry. This can build trust with your audience and potential customers, showing that you know your stuff.
3. Supporting Your Social Media Initiatives Every blog post you create is content that you or other people can share on social networks – Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest – which helps expose your business to a new audience that may not know you yet.
4. Building Relationships with Customers Blogs provide another source to deepen the connection with your customer. By connecting directly on your website, your clients are able to get to know your business or product from the comfort of their home.
5. Increasing Conversion Rates An active blog sends a signal to your customers that your business is alive, loved, and maintained. This can significantly enhance your credibility and therefore increase your conversion rate.
6. Facilitating Valuable Discussion Blogs have a unique way of starting conversations and encouraging interaction. With a comments section, you can follow the responses and feedback of your visitors, leading to a deeper understanding of them.
7. Creating Opportunities for Sharing Every time you blog, you create an opportunity for your audience to share your blog with others. Whether they link to your blog post, tweet it, or email it to others, it’s free marketing and it further validates you as a credible business.
8. Keeping Your Website Fresh Websites that are regularly updated signal to search engines that the site is active and therefore can get better ranking in search results. It also keeps your users informed with the latest about your company, products, or industry.
9. SEO Optimization Through targeted content, you can use relevant keywords in your blog posts which will improve your visibility on search engines. This is a core part of any good SEO strategy.
10. Showcasing Your Brand’s Personality Blogs are a great place to let your brand’s personality shine and show people what you’re all about. You can open up about what your company values, the standards you uphold, and the effective approaches you’re taking in your field.
A blog can act as the cornerstone of your digital marketing strategy, giving you a base to build upon with your other marketing efforts. Regular blog posts can feed your social media profiles, nurture leads, improve customer engagement, and enhance your overall brand presence. If you haven’t started blogging yet, now is the time to start.